Technology Insurance Associates, LLC
CG Benefits Group, LLC
Effective date of this notice: August 2016
Our Commitment to Protecting Your Privacy
Technology Insurance Associates values your trust and is committed to the responsible management, use and protection of personal information. This notice applies to information collected by Technology Insurance Associates through your use of our website, InsureYourCompany.com.
You do not need to respond to this notice in any way.
Our Responsibilities and Privacy Commitment
We understand the importance of protecting your private information. Our highest priority is to maintain your trust and confidence. We will maintain our commitment to safeguarding your information now and in the future by taking reasonable precautions to safeguard the personal information transmitted between visitors and the Site and the personal information stored on our servers.
We are guided by our respect for the confidentiality of your personal information. We are providing you with this notice in accordance with privacy laws and because we want you to know that we value your privacy.
Information We Collect
Personal Information is any information we obtain about you in the course of issuing insurance and/or providing services. The information we may obtain includes, but is not limited to, your past, present, or future physical or mental health or condition, the provision of health care to you, payment for the provision of health care to you, your Social Security number, employment history, credit history, income information, bank or credit card information, and other similar information.
We obtain this information from several sources, including but not limited to applications or other forms you complete, your business dealings with us and other companies, and consumer reporting agencies.
Other Types of Information We Collect
We may gather and store aggregate information about visitors. The collection of this aggregate information enables us to measure the number of visitors to various portions of the Site, diagnose problems with our server, administer the Site and track visitor activity. We will use this aggregate information to learn more about what you and our customers are expecting from our services, and tailor and improve the Site. Because aggregate information collected on the Site does not personally identify you, we may use aggregate information for any purpose, and share aggregate information with third parties for any purpose. Below are ways we may collect this aggregate information:
- HTTP cookies, flash cookies, or other similar technologies.
- Pixel-tags also known as web beacons or clear GIF’s or similar means. The data collected includes such anonymous information as what operating system and browser you use, how you navigate to and through our Site, how long you stay on our web pages, and when you open emails from us.
- Internet Protocol address which is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit the Site, along with the time(s) of your visit(s) and the page(s) that you visited. Collecting Internet Protocol addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many websites.
We also use service providers to help us develop applications for your convenience, such as to submit a claim through your mobile device. These application service providers may use tracking pixels, agents or other visitor identification technology to collect certain non-personal information, such as your browser type, your operating system, and other information that does not identify you. The application service providers do not receive your claims information or any other information that identifies you. These application service providers may collect unique device IDs including from mobile devices, mobile phone numbers, precise geo-location data, or call logs.
We and the third parties we partner with currently do not process or comply with any web browser’s “do not track” signal or other similar mechanism that indicates a request to disable online tracking of individual users who visit our websites or use our services. Some of our third party service providers may collect personal information on users of our Site over time and across different websites when users are visiting our Site.
Links to Other Websites
InsureYourCompany.com is not directed to or intended for children. Technology Insurance Associates, LLC, CG Benefits Group, LLC and InsureYourCompany.com does not knowingly collect or post information from children under the age of 13 in compliance with laws protecting the privacy of children. You can visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website to learn more about the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
Technology Insurance Associates maintains profiles and/or pages on various social media sites including Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter. If you choose to interact with Technology Insurance Associates on a social media site, you are providing your consent to receive information updates, including solicitations, from Technology Insurance Associates. To stop receiving this information from Technology Insurance Associates on a social media site, you must follow the procedure established by the site.
Our Security Procedures
We take reasonable precautions to safeguard the personal information transmitted between visitors and the Site and the personal information stored on our servers. Unfortunately, no method of transmitting or storing data can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, although we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us through, or in connection with, the Site. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us at:
Technology Insurance Associates Privacy Officer
Technology Insurance Associates
225 Gordons Corner Road
Manalapan, NJ 07726
Our Privacy and Security Procedures
Our employees who have access to this information are those who must have it to provide products or services to you. Below are some examples of our guidelines for protecting information.
- Paper copies, when used, are viewed, discussed, and retained in private surroundings.
- Individuals viewing information stored in a computer must be given access by the system administrator. Access is provided only to individuals who must have access to provide products or services to our clients and who are central to our business operations.
- Third parties are given access to information only for the purpose provided under our service agreements with them or as required or permitted by law.
Information We Disclose
We will not disclose any Personal Information about you, except as allowed by law, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act and as required to procure insurance and provide services. We may share all of the information we collect with insurance companies, agents, companies that help us to conduct our insurance business, companies that are self-insured, or others as permitted by law. Below are examples of the times we may share information for business purposes.
- Premium rating;
- Submitting claims;
- Reinsuring risk;
- Assessing quality;
- Business management and planning; and
- Sales, transfer, merger or consolidation of the business.
Your information may also be shared:
- For purposes of treatment, payment, and operations, including assessment of eligibility, case management activities, coordination of care, collection of premium, payment of benefits, and other claims administration.
- With a regulatory, law enforcement, or other government authority as required by law. This may include finding or preventing criminal activity, fraud, material misrepresentation or material nondisclosures in connection with an insurance issue.
- In response to an administrative or judicial order, including a search warrant or subpoena.
- To health agencies during the course of audits, investigations, inspections, licensure and other proceedings related to oversight of Technology Insurance Associates’ business practices.
- With a medical care institution or professional, to verify coverage, conduct an audit of their activities, discuss a medical problem of which the insured may not be aware, discuss drug and disease management approaches, and other purposes permitted or required by law.
- To conduct actuarial or research studies. In this case, individuals are not identified in the research report. Material identifying an individual is destroyed as soon as it is no longer needed.
- To authorized federal officials for the conduct of lawful intelligence, counter-intelligence, and other national security activities authorized by the national Security Act and implementing authority.
- To workers’ compensation or other similar programs, established by law, that provides benefits for work-related injuries or illness without regard to fault as authorized by and to the extent necessary to comply with these programs.
- With third parties for use in auditing services or operations, auditing marketing services, performing various functions on our behalf, or to provide certain services.
- With a group policyholder for reporting claims experience, or for conducting an audit of ur operations or services.
- To consult with outside health care providers, consultants and attorneys, and other health related services.
- As otherwise permitted or required by law.
- We may disclose protected health information to the sponsor of your group health plan, for purposes of obtaining premium bids from health plans for providing health insurance coverage under the group health plan; or modifying, amending, or terminating the group health plan.
We use and disclose information as minimally necessary to perform our business functions and activities. Information may be requested from other companies to assist us with our determination of coverage, eligibility, benefits or for the purpose of determining the rating of premiums. Companies used for this purpose retain this information and it may be made available to other companies for their determinations. We will not sell your Personal Information
Upon written request, you have the right to:
- Inspect and copy certain Personal Information. We may charge a reasonable fee for the costs of copying or mailing.
- Receive confidential communication of Personal Information.
- Receive an electronic copy of your Personal Information when it is maintained electronically.
- Request restrictions on certain uses and disclosures of your Personal Information, although we are not required to agree to a requested restriction
- Request an amendment to your Personal Information, although we are not required to agree to an amendment.
We will respond to your request in a timely manner. The written request must reasonably describe the information. The information requested must be reasonably locatable and retrievable.
How to File a Complaint Regarding the Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
If you believe your privacy rights have been violated, you may file a complaint with us, your respective state insurance department, or with the Secretary of Health and Human Services. All complaints must be in writing.
You may not be retaliated against for filing a complaint.
How to Contact Us
You may contact our representative at the following address:
Technology Insurance Associates
225 Gordons Corner Road
Manalapan, NJ 07726
Notification of a revised privacy notice will be provided through one of the following:
- U.S. Postal Service
- Revised Plan Document
- Internet E-mail
- Internet posting
Any right a consumer, claimant, or beneficiary may have under this notice is not limited by any other privacy notice used by Technology Insurance Associates, CG Benefits Group, InsureYourCompany.com or its subsidiaries and affiliates.