Why Is Health Insurance Important to your Company?
Michael Levenson May 03, 2022
As a business owner, you may have to pay for your own health insurance if you are not covered under your spouse’s insurance. Because of this, you may also want to think about your employees. It is a good idea to offer health insurance for your employees.
Why is health insurance important to your company?
Here are some reasons why you should offer health insurance for your employees.
- It may help you find the right employees. Many people will choose a job based on the benefits that they offer to their employees. If it comes down to two jobs, the one that offers health insurance would be a better choice.
- It keeps your employees healthier. People who have health insurance are more likely to get the preventative care that they need. They will go in for their annual examinations and keep up with their vaccines because it is covered under their insurance. When they do feel ill, they are more likely to go to the doctor right away, instead of waiting to see how bad it can get.
What are different kinds of small business health insurance plans?
Here are some of the most common types of health insurance plans that you may want to consider for your employees.
- PPO. This stands for “Preferred Provider Organization.” Certain health care providers are preferred. If you choose someone who is out-of-network, it may not be covered by your insurance.
- HMO. This stands for “Health Maintenance Organization.” It will cover anything that is done through a certain network of providers. Only in an emergency situation can you use someone that is not in-network. These plans are often more affordable than PPO plans.
- EPO. This stands for “Exclusive Provider Organization.” This is more restrictive than a PPO. You will not be covered if you use someone who is out-of-network. You may not have to have a primary care physician that you can only see.
- HSA-eligible Plans. These are generally used with PPO plans that have a high deductible. This allows you to have health savings plan to help cover your deductible so that you can get the care that you need.
Here are some tips for choosing the right plan for your business.
Confused and unsure about where to start? Here are some tips for choosing the right plan for your business.
- Talk to your employees about what they are looking for. If you have never been offered insurance, you may want to start out by talking to those who are going to be benefiting from it. Talk to them about their needs and what they are comfortable with. They may not be comfortable with a high deductible. They may want one type of insurance over another. One of them may have pre-existing conditions which need to be considered.
- Don’t hesitate to talk to an agent. Though you may think that an agent may cost you more money, the truth is that he or she could be saving you money. Your agent may work with multiple companies to talk to you about all of your different options. He or she will also ensure that you are getting what you and your employees need.
Getting health insurance will only help your business. You will attract better employees, as well as keep them as healthy as possible. However, it can be confusing when trying to decide what will work best. You may want to talk to your employees, as well as an agent so that everyone feels good about the choice that you made.
If you want to make sure that you can feel good about the health insurance plan that you offer your employees, don’t hesitate to contact us today. We will be glad to talk to you about all of your options to ensure that you are getting the best deal for your employees.