Top Five 2010 Healthcare Reform Changes
Paul June 21, 2010
Changes are coming to United States health care this year because of recent changes made by the passing of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. This is a list of the five most important changes to be made that we think will impact technology companies and other small businesses.
- All new individual and group health plans must provide first dollar coverage for preventive care.
- Individuals with pre-existing medical conditions can obtain health insurance coverage from a temporary high risk pool setup by the government. This pool will expire when the insurance exchanges open in 2014.
- Beginning on September 23, 2010, parents can extend health insurance coverage to their children up to the age of 26.
- The first phase of the small business employer tax credit for health insurance starts.
- Individual and group plans must eliminate pre-existing condition exclusions for children.