By Mike Martin
Read or Download An Intimate War: An Oral History of the Helmand Conflict, 1978-2012 PDF
Similar war & peace books
Clash economics contributes to an realizing of violent clash in vital methods. First, it applies monetary research to diversified clash actions comparable to conflict, hands races, and terrorism, exhibiting how they are often understood as practical offerings aware of underlying incentives. moment, it treats appropriation as a primary financial job, becoming a member of creation and alternate as a way of wealth acquisition.
An exploration of why and the way peace has steadily mitigated severe clash within the Asia-Pacific sector, this quantity attracts on case experiences and multivariate quantitative research to check theories of peace and clash concerning the region.
This publication severely analyses the 2011 intervention in Libya arguing that the style during which the intervention was once sanctioned, prosecuted and justified has a couple of troubling implications for the either the way forward for humanitarian intervention and foreign peace and security.
It used to be a huge future for a guy who time and again introduced that he was once “without ambition. ” even supposing he had left college elderly fourteen, had no event of international affairs and spoke no languages except English, in 1929 Sean Lester grew to become the Irish consultant to the League of countries in Geneva.
- The Peace Puzzle: America's Quest for Arab-Israeli Peace, 1989–2011 (Published in Collaboration with the United States Institute of Peace)
- Fascist Italy and the League of Nations, 1922-1935
- Gender, Violence and Politics in the Democratic Republic of Congo (Gender in a Global/Local World)
- The Freedom of Peaceful Action: On the Origin of Individual Rights
- Civil Wars and Third-Party Interventions in Africa
- At War: The Military and American Culture in the Twentieth Century and Beyond (War Culture)
Extra resources for An Intimate War: An Oral History of the Helmand Conflict, 1978-2012
An Intimate War: An Oral History of the Helmand Conflict, 1978-2012 by Mike Martin